As you know, last October I did a post on why I won’t be spotlighting BCA products. So when I decided to join the Ralph Lauren Pink Pony 100 Bloggers Unite Against Cancer campaign (for breast cancer awareness,) I did so with a lot of thought. Before I get into all of that, I am not much of a model, but my oldest son Gavin (11) had a great time directing his mom on how to pose and which background should be in the picture. Naturally I am wearing a Ralph Lauren Polo with a Pink Pony. (I’m going to show Gavin this post, so please be sure to let him know he did a great job!)
Why I felt the Pink Pony Fund of the Polo Ralph Lauren Foundation deserved my backing by simply wearing their polo and uniting with other bloggers to spread the word:
- Pink Pony is not just an “October” effort. Pink Pony is global and it is year round.
- While the Pink Pony campaign was initially established with a focus on Breast Cancer, it has now expanded to include other cancers.
- The mission of Pink Pony is distinct and unique in that they are addressing the needs of the medically underserved bringing quality cancer care, access to cancer care, and early detection for those who need it most.
- 100% of the net proceeds received from the Pink Pony auction on Charity Buzz will benefit the Pink Pony Fund.
And lastly, because I stand by what I originally said last year, I am committing to make a direct donation to the Pink Pony Fund myself.Â
So here’s some of what’s up for grabs at the Charity Buzz auction, which is Oct. 1-21, 2010.
- A Front Row Seat at the Ralph Lauren Fall 2011 Fashion Show and Meet the Designer Backstage (Me! Me! Me!)
- Have Your Child Star in a Ralph Lauren Ad (My son Duncan would be perfect for this!)
- Meet Jerry Seinfeld backstage at a show (Yes, please!)
- A Personal Tour of Ralph Laurenâ€™s World-Famous Car Collection (But can I borrow one for a spin too?)
- Two Tickets to Miami Heat Game and Meet Lebron James
- Taylor Swift Autographed Guitar
- Go Behind the Scenes of Bravoâ€™s Top Chef (As long as they cook for me! Chicken Marsala is my fave dish!)
- Meet Lance Armstrong (Would love to interview him!)
- Play Polo with Polo Model Nacho Figueras
- Two Tickets to the Opening Ceremony of the 2012 Summer Olympic Games
You can also join Polo Ralph Laurenâ€™s worldwide initiative in the fight against cancer during the month of October and celebrate 10 years of the Pink Pony campaign by texting PINKPONY to 501501 to automatically donate $10. (Msg. & Data Rates May Apply)
To purchase Pink Pony items for yourself, you can visit RalphLauren.com/PinkPony.
Will you be committing to making a direct donation to a breast cancer charity this month?