Typically, we don’t really talk about direct sales companies on A Girl’s Gotta Spa! However, I couldn’t help but be proud of a local Northeast PA woman who was recently spotlight on TV in an Avon commercial. So I asked Jill Saylor to send along her tips for staying beautiful both inside and out.
1. Stay Clear of Negative People. Misery really loves company and there will always be people who don’t understand the choices you make. Hold strong to your positive nature and what you really want. When I first started selling Avon, I wasn’t making a lot of money and I had friends who would discourage me, but in the end I kept pushing myself and now I’m extremely happy with how I’ve grown my Avon business. I have been able to financially support my children on my own doing everything from moving them to a bigger home to helping them buy their first cars. It just goes to show that if you keep going with your gut feeling and stay true to how you feel, things will work out.
2. Push through your fears. I used to be afraid of everything. I wasn’t able to get over my own fears until I made a choice to start with the small ones and take them on one at a time. Most importantly, I watched myself as I overcame them thinking how easy it was! Think about the worst case scenario. If you can push past that, you can start to question why you were afraid in the first place. As time goes on you continue to get stronger and before you know it, you are conquering your bigger fears.
3. Forgive those who have caused you pain. It’s important to let go. Forgive but don’t forget because you want to learn from that experience. The longer you hold on to something negative, the further you keep yourself away from the positive things in life. A lot of people struggle with this. It is a hard thing to do. An exercise I put into practice is to look at the person, imagine good things happening to them, and be happy for them.
4. Take time for yourself. As women we tend to want to please everyone forgetting about ourselves. Because of this we end up bitter or possibly resenting people because we feel like we don’t have time for ourselves when in reality we’re the only ones to hold responsible for neglecting ourselves. If I don’t take care of myself, I’m no good to myself or anyone else, so I always make sure to pamper myself!
5. Believe in yourself and your abilities. We are given strengths and talents that we may not even know we have. Know that you are full of greatness and deserve a life full of happiness.
About Jill Saylor:
Jill, recently featured in Avon’s national commercial “Be Your Best with the Best,” is a single mother of four. She has 21 year-old twins and two other daughters, ages 19 and 16. Inspired by the success of her friends who sell Avon, Jill decided to join Avon to be a stay-at-home mom and to provide some financial cushion for her family. She has been running her Avon business for 15 years and feels it truly fits her lifestyle. In an attempt to reduce her transportation costs, Jill has redirected her sales efforts to her online Avon store, utilizing social media outlets like Facebook. Jill mostly enjoys the flexible schedule and financial freedom that Avon provides, the relationships she has built and the comfort of being her own boss.
Don’t forget to subscribe to A Girl’s Gotta Spa!
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE
Latest posts by Shannon Smyth (see all)
- LabGrab Eye Renewal for Puffiness and Fine Lines - March 9, 2017
- Balance x Birchbox #Cravefreely #BalanceBirchboxWinner - March 2, 2017
- The Best Shiatsu I Have Ever Used: M Cushion - February 27, 2017