Most, if not all of us ladies, tend to switch things up in the makeup department with each new season…especially summer. And since summer is pretty much upon us I thought I would pick the brains of one of my favorite makeup artists, Diondre Wallace, for some of his favorite summer makeup tips.
Diondre Wallace is a hairstylist and makeup artist who works in the local Minneapolis market for clients such as Target, Mpls/St.Paul Magazine, and City Pages as well as in California for such magazines as Essence, Ebony, and 360 Magazines and on commercials for clients such Wal-Mart and Capital One. Here are a few of his makeup tips for summer in his own words:
Favorite Makeup Tips for Summer 2012. I would say that “Less is More!” I believe that ladies can get a way with little to no makeup this summer. Let healthy skin be the new foundation. I would go with:
* Bobbi Brown Hydrating Face Cream
– Use this after you wash you face and go. It’s a great face moisturizer.
* Bobbi Brown Vitamin Enriched Face Base
– Use after you wash face. Great as a moisturizer and makeup base.
If you feel like you need some coverage, I say go for:
*MAC Mineralize Skinfinish Natural
– It’s a face powder with minerals. A natural- matte finish. Low coverage, so u can give yourself touch- up’s all day if you are that kinda girl
*MAC Mineralize Skinfinish
– It’s a mineralize, beautiful finish for a summer time glow. Use the “Soft and Gentle” for the apple of the cheeks, Using a big face brush for the E/3 of the face to give a highlight effect, and use “Gold Deposit” the the cheeks and contour.