The one and only time of the year that I will get bold with my makeup is during the holiday season, any other time I keep it pretty basic. But during the holiday season I start craving a bolder lip and more dramatic eyes, however I have no idea how to even begin trying to create the looks I lust after, so I decided to seek advice from a pro…enter amazingly talented makeup artist Melissa Taylor.
Melissa is the owner of The Beauty Lounge in Minneapolis MN and is also in high demand as a hairstylist and makeup artist. She has been published in various media outlets and can often times be found behind the scenes at photo-shoots, editorials, weddings and fashion shows. Follow her uber easy tips below for creating a dramatic eye and bolder lips:
Add a pop of color to your everyday makeup look by adding a colored liner!
- After applying eye shadow, based on your comfort level select either a pencil or liquid eyeliner in the color of your choice
- Line your eye from the inner to outer corner creating a slight wing on the outer corner
- Line your lower lash line with the same color
- Apply a thin line of black liner directly to your upper lash line to create more definition
- Apply 2 coats of mascara to both upper and lower lashes
Take your look to the next level with a bold red lip!
- Apply a lip balm to add moisture to lips
- Use a sharpened lip pencil in the same shade as lipstick to line and fill in entire lip
- Apply dark red lipstick
- Add a little clear lip gloss for a hint of shine.
And just like that you have two great makeup options that are sure to get you noticed during this holiday season. Just remember not to do both looks at the same time, either choose to focus on the eyes or lips.
Visit www.mplsbeautylounge.com to find out more about Melissa Taylor or to book an appointment.
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE
Latest posts by Gail Lewis (see all)
- Bath Time: Fizz & Bubble Bath Truffles - February 15, 2017
- Do I Need to Get Vitamin B12 Shots? - February 13, 2017
- Coconut Water: Hydration with Skin and Health Benefits - January 3, 2017