From chemical exfoliants to physical exfoliants, I’m always looking for something new when it comes to effective, results-driven skin care.
Trying so many different types of skin care exfoliants comes with a price though, some are scrubs or chemicals that irritate my skin, even though I definitely do not consider my skin sensitive. Now that my oldest son is a teenager and often perusing my products for something to use on his own skin, I wanted to find something that would work for both of us. A newer skin care company called POWDERWorks reached out to me with a unique powder exfoliant that looked like the perfect fit.
This facial exfoliant is just what the name says–it’s a powder. It comes in a metal jar with a twist top to sprinkle the powder into your hand. I like this feature because 1. it’s not messy, 2. prevents me (and mainly my son) from using too much product, and it protects the remaining powder in the jar from getting wet.
Here’s what POWDERWorks explains is in the powder and it’s effect on their website:
- Specialized grade Calcium Carbonate absorbs excess oil & lifts only the dead skin layer to help reduce the appearance of fine lines & wrinkles.
- Hydrolyzed Collagen connects tissues & pushes out wrinkles & fine lines while plumping the skin, reduces pore size. It penetrates the skin as the advanced “rolling action” is
- occurring leaving the skin soft & radiant.
- Calcium Magnesium Carbonate energizes & hydrates healthy surface cells for a brighter skin, remineralizes & smoothes the skin
- Mixed Tocopherols with Vitamin E reduces the onset of acne, conditions and moisturizes the skin.
- Aloe hydrates, soothes and helps promote healing from mild acne scaring.
How it works:
- Dampen your face with water and sprinkle some of the powder into your hand (I did about 3-4 shakes.)
- Rub the powder on your face in a circular motion causing the powder to ball up and roll easily around your skin.
- Once you’ve done this to each section of your face, rinse off.
It’s very easy to use and I do love that the exfoliation process is gentle, stripping away only the dead skin and impurities. POWDERWorks is $39 for a 2oz jar and available at thepowderworks.com. Have you tried it?