Valentine’s Day is less than a month away, and it’s time to start making reservations, ordering flowers for delivery and getting that perfect outfit. What the what? Your paramour failed to do any of this for you last year? You know what they say – Love is blind. Or at least it needs to be. If you want a discreet reminder to keep your cool during any disappointments this holiday, try my Braille Nail. The tactile texture reads “I Love You” when felt up.
- A smattering of colors
- White is hot as we move toward spring. Start with a soft white base and apply a light glitter to dress it up. I’ve used “Tiara” by Nubar.
- Let dry and apply your hearts in random areas and sizes. Start with one half of the letter M shape, then finish and fill in:
- Apply Swaravski crystals in Braille pattern. The blue nail is “I” , the yellow, lilac and emerald nail spell out “you” and the pink is a bit of a cheat. I didn’t have enough small stones, but I would outline the pink in a full heart for the correct tactile feel. You can create any message you like. I used this chart here:
- You can lay the stones with glue or topcoat
You can outline the hearts for a bigger impression:
There you have it. Will you try the Braille Nail this year?
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE
Latest posts by Hillary Fry (see all)
- Dove Blue Fig Giveaway! - July 19, 2013
- Need for Speed: New Quick Drying Nail Polishes - May 16, 2013
- Urban Decay Naked Nail Polish Kit Swatches & Video - April 25, 2013