In the past, I’ve flirted with the Shiseido brand, but this year I started a full fledged love affair. Their cream eye shadows are fabulous, the fall Camellia Blush Compact was absolutely stunning and there is NO better Sunscreen than the Shiseido Urban Environment Oil-Free UV Protector SPF 42. Add the new Lacquer Rouge Glosses ($25) and Shiseido has a winning lineup!
Inspired by Japanese Laquerware, one coat of this liquid lipstick provides intense color and deep luster. There are 8 luscious shades all with Super Hydro-Wrap Vitalizing DE to keep lips kissable. These liquid lipsticks are saturated with color and glossy but not what I would call high shine. This type of formula allows for very long wear. They act as a stain with a nice sheen on top so when the sheen wears off, you still have some color left on your lips. I got 5 hours of wear from Savage, a brown nude which I thought would look awful on me but I’ve used quite a lot this fall and winter. Nocturne is by far the most popular color, a rich deep red.
- BE306 – Camel – simple chic beige
- OR508 – Blaze – fiery yellow orange
- RS404 – Disco – bright hot pink
- RD203 – Portrait – formal reserved pink
- RD305 – Nymph – rich fleshy rose
- RD501 – Drama – deep full blooded red
- RD607 – Nocturne – intense dark red
- RD702 – Savage – rich earthy brown
These have the texture of a gloss with the pigmentation and opacity of a lipstick. Shiseido Lacquer Rouge are similar to Chanel’s ar to Chanel Rouge Allure Laque or Lancome La Laque Fever but are only $25! They are non-sticky and have no fragrance which I truly appreciate.
Housed in a beautiful black lacquer-like tube, the doe foot applicator fits closely against the lips for a comfortable even application.
Bottom Line: a great choice for long lasting color with a comfortable feel. I’d like to try to more shades!
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE
Latest posts by Cindy (see all)
- Tarte Prime, Shine and Define To-Go Kit - July 1, 2013
- 4 Body Oils For Dry Skin That Will Leave Your Skin Touchably Soft - June 24, 2013
- Melvita Fresh Eye Contour Gel Review - April 3, 2013