As the summer season is finally upon us, Josie Feria, Director of Lapis Spa at Fontainebleau, shows you how to bring luscious Lapis Spa treatments home and get rid of dry, unseen skin just in time for the warmer weather!
Pre-Summer Body Exfoliation Simulates Spalicious Body Scrub
Skin softening natural all body exfoliating treatment
- Ingredients: ½ cup olive oil, ¾ cup fine sea salt and drops of your favorite aromatherapy oil. Keep in mind the oil selected should be specific to treatment goal – citrus is energizing – lavender relaxing – peppermint stimulating
- Place all items in a bowl and blend together
- Next, step into the shower and moisten the body – apply the blend by hand in circular motion or for increased exfoliation apply with loofah mitt or body brush
- Rinse off thoroughly. Skin will feel smooth and soft and supple. For further hydration apply body lotion directly to moist skin
Pre-Summer Facial for Extra Dry Skin
Skin softening avocado mask for combination or dry skin
- Ingredients: ½ avocado, 1 egg, 1 tablespoon of plain yogurt, 1 tablespoon of coconut oil and 1 teaspoon of baking soda.
The avocado and coconut oils work as an instant skin softener as the baking soda works as a mild exfoliator
- Place all items in bowl and blend well together
- Apply the mixture to your face and leave on for 10-15 minutes
- Rinse off with warm water
Foot Scrub for Dry Feet and Heels Simulates Foot Rehab Pedicure
- Begin by soaking feet in ¼ cup baking soda to reduce inflammation and cleanse feet thoroughly for 10 minutes
- Using a wet pumice stone rub heels thoroughly yet gently to remove dry callous
- Next, apply coconut oil to feet
- Finally, wrap feet in plastic and cover with soft socks for 30 minutes. The plastic and warmth will help the oil to soften the skin.
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE
Latest posts by Shannon Smyth (see all)
- LabGrab Eye Renewal for Puffiness and Fine Lines - March 9, 2017
- Balance x Birchbox #Cravefreely #BalanceBirchboxWinner - March 2, 2017
- The Best Shiatsu I Have Ever Used: M Cushion - February 27, 2017