As I mentioned in this 2011 interview in SHAPE Magazine, “I created A Girl’s Gotta Spa! as an outlet for myself and as a way to say it’s OK to take time for yourself no matter how busy you are—in fact, it’s imperative.” Relaxing, decompressing from stressors, taking time to feel good about yourself…they are all equally important for your mental health, not to mention your overall health.
So on this National Relaxation Day, how do you unwind? Do you take mini breaks throughout the day to take in the beauty around you? Is it a bubble bath at the end of a long day? Or is it an indulgent spa treatment at the end of a long, tiring work week?
Here are a few suggestions to check out that may spark the way you relax:
1. If you are a caregiver, here’s some great tips on how to subside caregiver role strain.
2. Think makeup only transforms your outside beauty? This post on Aveda Heart Lands Makeover will show you differently!
3. A spa treatment is always recommended. Check out a list of A Girl’s Gotta Spa! spa reviews.
4. Sometimes a DIY spa treatment is the best way to relax at home and we have a bunch of DIY spa tips for you!
5. I can’t tell you enough how important 8 hours of sleep is each night! It’s the best way to relax and revive!
Now it’s your turn! Tell us how you relax!