Whether your next vacation be relaxing on the beach, touring cities in Europe, or just going to your families, you should never forget about your skin. High-end skin care brands rarely put out economy size products, but many of them downsize into fabulous travel sets and starter kits. Not only do these A-list products travel well, but they create an opportunity to sample luxury lines at a lower cost. “Maintaining your skin regime while on vacation is essential to keeping your skin beautiful. Be sure to toss your products into your carry-on, just in case your luggage ever gets lost,” says Dr. David E. Bank, Founder and Director of the Center for Dermatology, Cosmetic & Laser Surgery.
Dr. Bank’s 4 tips for flawless skin while traveling:
· Cleanse your face daily. You need to wash off the cellular debris that can collect while sitting in a stuffy airplane or even riding in the car. A new environment means new toxins and sometimes our skin will absorb these, so be sure to wash them off.
· Use a toner that helps balance the PH levels in your skin. This prepares the skin for your moisturizer and helps the moisturizer work more efficiently.
· Moisturize! Lower humidity levels will dry your skin making those fine lines and wrinkles appear more prominent than they really are.
· Use products containing Antioxidants. This is the main line of defense against free radicals. Choose a light gel or serum formulation so you aren’t clogging your pores.
What are some of your favorite products that you use when traveling to keep your skin properly hydrated?
Subscribe to A Girl’s Gotta Spa! for more beauty reviews! Watch our reviews on YouTube, see our pins on Pinterest and check us out on Instagram and G+. Got a Kindle? We’re on Kindle too! Shannon on G+
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE
Latest posts by Shannon Smyth (see all)
- LabGrab Eye Renewal for Puffiness and Fine Lines - March 9, 2017
- Balance x Birchbox #Cravefreely #BalanceBirchboxWinner - March 2, 2017
- The Best Shiatsu I Have Ever Used: M Cushion - February 27, 2017