The only department in Whole Foods that I normally skip is the beauty department. It’s true.
I guess I’ve always just felt that the Whole Foods beauty department contained products that would be of little or no interest to me due to them smelling weird or my assumption that they were ineffective.
Well we all know what they say about assuming. Silly me.
After actually browsing through the beauty department, I realized that Whole Foods carried some of my favorite beauty products that I normally have to search for online due to most retailers not carrying them in store. Whole Foods has now become one of my favorite destinations for beauty products that are natural, organic, cruelty free and that perform amazingly well.
A few of my favorite beauty products from Whole Foods are:
1. Alaffia Pineapple Coconut Shea Butter Soap, $2.99 I love a good bar of soap and this soap smells incredible. It leaves my skin soft and moisturized plus it is triple milled and Certiﬁed Fair Trade.
2. Juice Beauty Green Apple Peel Sensitive, $39 This peel contains alpha hydroxy acids and exfoliates while also reducing the appearance of dark spots and discoloration. After using this, my skin is left glowing.
3. Kiss My Face Lavender and Shea Moisture Shave, $4.99 This is my all time favorite shaving product. This shave cream is really moisturizing and contains Vitamin E and oils to soften skin. The creamy formula provides a smooth, close shave with Golden Seal, lemongrass and aloe that help to soothe and olive and coconut oils to moisturize. My legs are left feeling touchably soft with absolutely no bumps!
4. Eco Lips Vanilla Bean Organic Lip Scrub, $9.99 This lip scrub contains organic, Fair Trade Certified sugar that gently exfoliates and polishes. It also contains organic coconut oil, olive oil and jojoba oil to condition and protect lips leaving them soft, smooth and moisturized. After using this scrub I don’t even need to use lip balm. This scrub is an absolute MUST before applying lipstick, especially red lipstick, because it makes application a breeze and red lipstick just looks better on flake-free lips. Plus it is edible!
5. 365 Everyday Value Organic Virgin Coconut Oil, $5.99 So I don’t exactly get this in the beauty department, but this is one of my favorite multiple use beauty products. I use it as a makeup remover, deep conditioning hair treatment, as a body scrub by mixing it with coffee grounds, lemon and honey and as a shaving oil whenever I am out of my regular shaving product.
What’s your best beauty discovery at Whole Foods? Leave a comment and let me know!