Smooth as silk… that’s one way to describe how I’d like my weathered skin to feel.
But what if you want to accomplish that without an ingredient heavy product (some of which include chemicals that I can’t even pronounce), is that even a possibility?
I’ve used Silk Therapeutics before, so when they asked if I wanted to try their Purely Smooth daily firming complex, I didn’t hesitate to say yes. And by the way, Purely Smooth only contains 5 ingredients. Unscented is: water, silk, Vitamin C, rosehip oil and sodium anisate (a natural emulsifier), while Lemongrass swaps rosehip oil out for lemongrass essential oil. Read more
Aloe vera has long been known for its anti-inflammatory properties. Anyone who has had a sunburn knows that aloe vera is a must-have beauty staple.
I’ve begun to notice that lately aloe vera is in everything from beauty products to juices and supplements – I’ve even seen it frozen in ice cube trays, which makes complete sense since the benefits of aloe vera seem never-ending.
Some of the many advantages to incorporating aloe into your beauty routine are:
- When taken in a supplement or drink, it helps to support a healthy digestive system, a healthy immune system and normal muscle and joint functions
- It reduces toxins in the body, aids in digestion and has an alkalizing effect on the body
- It is high in amino and fatty acids as well as vitamins and minerals
- It’ss great for applying topically to burns, abrasions, psoriasis, bug bites and sunburnt skin
- Since aloe is has a high water content, it is a great way to hydrate, moisturize and rejuvenate skin
- Aloe increases skin elasticity by making it more flexible through collagen and elastin repair
- Aloe is also an emollient, helping to soften and soothe the skin
- It helps supply oxygen to the skin cells, increasing the strength and synthesis of skin tissue and induces improved blood flow to the skin
With all of these amazing benefits, it’s no wonder we’re finding it in more skin care products.
Below are some of my favorite aloe vera beauty products: Read more
It has been a dream of mine to spread my wings internationally when it came to retailing my natural bath and body products. It is my belief that every woman deserves to be pampered.
Thanks to one of A Girl’s Gotta Spa!’s retailers, Lock & Mane, that dream is coming true.
As the official and exclusive retailer for A Girl’s Gotta Spa! on Amazon, Lock & Mane, has launched our products in Canada under their subsidiary, Beauty Slam.
Our mission at A Girl’s Gotta Spa! is to empower women to believe – You Deserve to Be Pampered™ – and we do this without harming any animals, without toxic ingredients and without harming the earth. Read more
I’m one of those people who truly enjoys working out. I absolutely love how I feel after a workout and actually dread missing my gym time.
There are those times though, when life happens and my hectic schedule just does not allow for driving to the gym and putting in an hour plus long workout. During those times I still try my best to incorporate some form of fitness into my day, which is where the Zobi comes in very handy. Read more