The following beauty tips from Joyce Carboni, founder and CEO of Skinsational Skin and Body Spa in San Diego, allow any woman to be beautiful on a small time and cash budget. Joyce is a licensed esthetician committed to educating men and women on how to easily care for their skin at home through her useful tips and her signature line of skin and body care products. And with over 25 years of skin and body care experience, she understands that sometimes, all you have is ten minutes and the products in your cupboard. And with the summer months just around the corner, she even unlocks the secret to keeping that unruly bikini line groomed and hair free.
– Take advantage of those extra coffee grounds! For extra smooth and firm skin, brew a pot of coffee and use the left over warm grounds in the shower as an exfoliant. The caffeine has a mildly firming effect and the grounds will softly exfoliate your skin leaving it smooth and delicious.
– Got milk? Instead of cleanser, reach for that milk! Milk of magnesia that is. Just as magnesium hydroxiate acts as an anti acid in your belly, it neutralizes oily skin.
– Need to exfoliate? Blend oatmeal, sugar or even cornmeal with a small amount of oil (vegetable or olive) and a raw egg yoke. The Vitamin A from the egg makes this a natural retinoid and is great because Vitamin A is a dominant vitamin of the skin! If you use oatmeal, it acts as a skin softener and also has amino acids, which help draw in moisture.
Just be sure to avoid any scratches or cuts; if mixed with that raw egg, you could end up with an infection or even worse, salmonella!” Joyce says.
– Have a zit? Crush aspirin and blend with water until you have a nice paste. Dilute the paste with water and apply to your zit. Aspirin has salicylic acid, the same beta hydroxy acid that is used in numerous acne products and peels â€“ who knew!
See Part 2 with more great tips: Home Spa Skin Care Tips
You Might Also LOVE
Latest posts by Shannon Smyth (see all)
- Any Time of Year Can be Your “January” to Kick Off Your Weight Loss Journey - January 10, 2018
- Which Type of Protein Powder is Best? - January 1, 2018
- 5 Tips to Lose Weight Right Now - December 29, 2017