Social media, which encompasses blogs, widgets, feeds, podcasts, social networks and digital media, is a global phenomenon happening in all markets regardless of wider economic, social and cultural development. There is no doubt that social media is changing the way businesses reach out to their target consumer and if you aren’t up to speed and learning how to effectively utilize it, then chances are that your competitors already have.
Twitter is one such social media platform that everyone is buzzing about. Twitter is a free micro-blogging service where you send out “tweets” in 140 characters or less. Everyone from celebrities to consumers to brands are “tweeting” not only about what’s on their minds, but about products and services they love. It’s become the hub for word of mouth, brand interaction and customer service.
On June 16th at 10am EST I am doing a webinar on “How to Effectively Utilize Twitter for your Spa Business” over at Spa Clique’s Spa iUniversity. In the webinar spa and salon owners will learn:
* Why use Twitter to promote your products and services.
* Who has been successful and why.
* Best practices for engaging followers.
* Why some brands fail on Twitter.
A little plug about me: Shannon Nelson has been a resource that many in the beauty industry turn to for consultation on their social media strategies. She has been a guest speaker at the HBA Expo, ICMAD’s tele-seminars and this July she will be speaking at two seminars for Cosmoprof North America.
You Might Also LOVE
Latest posts by Shannon Smyth (see all)
- Hair Tips to Transition to Fall-Winter from Salon AKS - August 10, 2017
- How to Get Rid of Chapped Lips Fast - July 19, 2017
- Tips to Enhance Skin’s Natural Glow This Summer - June 27, 2017