I have always wanted to go to Hawaii. My dad used to live there and would often email me pictures of this amazing place. So when Spa Moana at Hyatt Regency Maui Resort and Spa reached out to me about their Hawaiian Rain Shower Polish that guests receive there, I asked about how those of use who can’t afford the flight to this oasis, can bring the experience in-home. Because naturally, a girl’s gotta spa!
At Spa Moana, guests booking the Hawaiian Rain Shower Polish receive a 45 min body scrub and wrap. The service uses Raw Maui Sugar and fresh Hawaiian botanicals which are applied to the skin producing a naturally exfoliating and softening effect. Coconut oil is massaged into the scalp and hair, and a warm towel is then wrapped around the head. This allows for a deeper penetration for the oil to hydrate the hair follicles and repair damaged ends. To finish, a six shower head Vichy shower glides above the body to rinse and revitalized. To complete this journey the therapist applies a warm coconut milk and macadamia nut oil to the body, leaving skin moist and nurtured from the ain’a (land) of Hawaii.
Here’s how to recreate the Hawaiian Rain Shower Polish at home:
1/4 cup Raw Sugar
1/4 cup Coffee grounds (can be used from your coffee pot filter or freshly ground)
1/4 cup Coconut Oil
A few drops of your favorite essential oil (Tangerine, Rose, Lemon, or Lime)
1 can coconut milk for bath
1 large sheet
1 small plastic trash bag/ grocery bag
1 hand towel
- Prepare your bathroom for DIY treatment by laying an old sheet down on the floor, this will help with clean-up. Separate 1oz of coconut oil from the rest, and massage gently into your scalp, and pull through the ends of your hair. Microwave a dampened hand towel for 45 seconds, or until steamy, and wrap securely around your hair. Cover warm towel and hair with small plastic bag, and secure tightly with a knot.
- Mix everything except coconut milk together in a glass bowl, and warm in the microwave for 18 seconds. Scrub your entire body with this delectable homemade mixture, with special focus on any excessively dry areas, like heels, elbows, and knees. (A helping hand from someone to help exfoliate your back is always nice!)
- If you have a bath tub, pour coconut milk into warm bath water, and enjoy a relaxing soak. If you do not have a bath tub, rinse skin in a warm shower, and mix one tablespoon of coconut milk with one tablespoon of coconut oil, warm together in microwave for eight seconds, and massage into damp skin as an excellent moisturizer.
Of course, when dealing with heating things in the microwave, please do exercise caution so that you don’t accidently burn yourself.
Please leave a comment if you’ve tried this DIY spa treatment for yourself!
You Might Also LOVE
Latest posts by Shannon Smyth (see all)
- How to Get Rid of Chapped Lips Fast - July 19, 2017
- Tips to Enhance Skin’s Natural Glow This Summer - June 27, 2017
- 9 Skills for Transformation of Mind and Body to Live More Abundantly - June 16, 2017