This past summer I had the opportunity of traveling to the city of Cebu in the Philippines to shoot a show for Fashion One Television. While there I was fortunate enough to work with an amazing makeup artist by the name of Beatriz Lopez. Beatriz is a London based freelancer, who provides makeup and hair styling for a broad range of clients from fashion and advertising to private commissions. Fully certified in all aspects of makeup, including special effects and body painting, she is also experienced in styling natural and synthetic hair. Bea is just downright super talented and I absolutely loved my hair and makeup whenever she worked on me on set, so I was readily accepting of any beauty suggestions/tips she was kind enough to offer.
The instructions for creating Beatriz Lopez’s DIY Face Spritzer/makeup refresher are as follows:
Combine the following ingredients in a small spray bottle that is bag size (100ml)
- 95ml of spring water
- 1 squirt/1tbl spoon of 99% pure aloe vera gel
- 6 drops of lavender pure essential oil 6 drops of sweet orange/orange/mandarin pure essential oil
- 1-4 drops of virgin olive oil (or coconut oil) – depending on how dry or oily your skin is (if very oily-leave out)
Give it a good shake and you have your very own face spritzer.
Beatriz suggests throwing it in your bag and spritzing whenever you feel like you need a quick pep-me-up, some hydration when you need cooling off… or you can even use it to freshen your makeup. One word of caution: she does suggest that if the spritzer is going to be used on sensitive or very fair skin which will directly exposed to sun – it may be best to only use one drop of the orange oil or completely eliminate from the ingredients as it may cause photo-toxicity.
You can find out more about Beatriz Lopez by visiting her page at www.beatrizlopez.co.uk.
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE
Latest posts by Gail Lewis (see all)
- Bath Time: Fizz & Bubble Bath Truffles - February 15, 2017
- Do I Need to Get Vitamin B12 Shots? - February 13, 2017
- Coconut Water: Hydration with Skin and Health Benefits - January 3, 2017