When it comes to mascara, Lancôme is the ultimate authority; Définicils is THE best-selling luxury mascara in the WORLD. Lancôme puts a lot of time, effort and research into their mascara formulas, and now there is a new addition to the mascara family– Lancôme Hypnôse Star Mascara ($28).
I’ve been a fan of Lancôme mascaras for more years than I would like to admit. This one is supposed to “provides ultra-volume at the lash line for a sensuous curve from root to tip.”
The cone shaped wand is similar to Lancôme’s Doll Lashes mascara with an important twist. The dual-action brush has a flat side for optimizing product deposit at the lash line while the rounded side separates, defines, and lengthens. I believe the “star” factor comes into play with the formula’s “black-diamond effect” that imparts a glossy gel-like finish.
Hypnôse Star does a fantastic job of lengthening, separating and defining without clumps. It does less for adding volume that I would like. I do really like the gel formula–it glides on smoothly and is very black and glossy.
- the formula is nice–doesn’t clump and the gel formula glides on easily
- good definition and separation of lashes
- the cone shaped brush is hard to get used to–it is effective at grabbing those tiny lashes in the corners, the problem is it makes it harder to reach the rest of your lashes. You must hold the brush at the precise correct angle to get ALL your lashes and it takes some practice.
- it has a scent I’m not a fan of. STOP putting strong fragrance in your mascaras Lancôme!
Overall: Lancôme Hypnôse Star Lashes does a pretty good job but it doesn’t make it my favorites list. It has a nice formula, doesn’t clump and gives good length. After using it for a week straight, I’m more adept at using the cone brush, however it’s still a little awkward. The strong fragrance may be a turn off for some as well as the learning curve for the brush. If you are looking for lots of volume, you make want to look elsewhere.
Latest posts by Cindy (see all)
- Tarte Prime, Shine and Define To-Go Kit - July 1, 2013
- 4 Body Oils For Dry Skin That Will Leave Your Skin Touchably Soft - June 24, 2013
- Melvita Fresh Eye Contour Gel Review - April 3, 2013