Drugstore brand, Hard Candy, launched a new Correction Creme (CC) last month. CC creams are the next generation of BB creams that are an all-in-one product designed to moisturize, prime, color correct, brighten, and even the complexion. This multi-functional CC creme aims to provide better skin coverage to treat and cover uneven skin tone more effectively than a BB Cream – plus the benefit of daily skin protection of broad spectrum SPF 15. Essentially, they are a merge of skin care and cosmetics.
Hard Candy CC Correction Creme ($8) has light optic pearls that neutralize the undertones of your skin. Hard Candy claims their CC cream:
1. Color corrects undertone with unique light reflecting optical pearls
2. Neutralizes skin tone by blurring blemishes, discolorations and dark spots
3. Brightens complexions with glowing air brushed finish4. Evens skins texture for a smooth flawless appearance5. Oil free creme moisturizes skin all day without clogging pores
There are four shades fair, light, medium and dark. I received light for review and it was too dark and too orange. Fair may have worked better, but this tells me the shades run one shade darker than normal.The texture and consistency is fairly thin–thinner than most BB creams I’ve tried. It spreads easily and feels light and smooth on the skin. The moisturization is good, but not as hydrating as a tinted moisturizer. While it does provide more coverage than a tinted moisturizer, for my age and my skins needs, it isn’t enough. It didn’t cover the redness on my chin or my imperfections. I do however, really like the finish. It has a satin finish–not matte and not dewy and it didn’t emphasize my pores or lines. There is no noticeable shimmer or glitter from the “light optic pearls” which is nice.
Bottom Line: My biggest complaint with Hard Candy CC Correction Creme is the color. There is a definite orange cast that I couldn’t blend out. I like the finish and it does cover much better than BB creams, however I don’t want to look an orange peel. If you are looking for more coverage than a BB cream provides and can find a good color match, Hard Candy CC Correction Creme may work for you.
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE
Latest posts by Cindy (see all)
- Tarte Prime, Shine and Define To-Go Kit - July 1, 2013
- 4 Body Oils For Dry Skin That Will Leave Your Skin Touchably Soft - June 24, 2013
- Melvita Fresh Eye Contour Gel Review - April 3, 2013