So I tried another drugstore mascara even though I have at least five other open mascaras on my vanity. Obsessed much? This time it’s Maybelline Volum’ Express the Rocket Mascara–sounds impressive huh?
- The packaging is impressive–you can’t miss the bright blue tube with the fuchsia writing and the ‘bullet’ shape.
- The brush is impressive–a big rubber brush with varying lengths of bristles.
- The way the brush exits the tube is impressive–you can hear the ‘pop’ that keeps all the extra gloppy (is that a word?) mascara in the tube and not on the brush.
- The color is impressive–a REALLY deep carbon black
- The length it gives to lashes is impressive
Sounds awesome, right? The problem I experienced with Maybelline Volum’ Express The Rocket Mascara was the lack of separation and volume. I also had serious clumping issues with this mascara. Even when I only used one coat, my lashes ended up clumping and sticking together. It made me sad and was a deal breaker for me. I’ve read some great reviews of this mascara and some people swear by it. I guess it depends on your lashes because for me it was a fail.
The formula is very similar to CoverGirl’s LashBlast Clump Crusher, but Clump Crusher uh….doesn’t clump and separates lashes beautifully. For my money, I will stick with CoverGirl LashBlast Clump Crusher.
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE
Latest posts by Cindy (see all)
- Tarte Prime, Shine and Define To-Go Kit - July 1, 2013
- 4 Body Oils For Dry Skin That Will Leave Your Skin Touchably Soft - June 24, 2013
- Melvita Fresh Eye Contour Gel Review - April 3, 2013