Let’s face it, every girl wants to put her best face forward, but in today’s beauty biz it can be frightening to think about the harsh chemicals you’re applying to your skin. Some products may claim to be natural, green, cruelty free, or organic, but if you’re not doing your research, you may be duped by imposters. Here are five cosmetic companies that have helped to put “natural” on the beauty map.
1. Josie Maran Cosmetics: Model Josie Maran launched this eco-friendly line back in 2006. Each product is made from only natural ingredients like argan oil, cucumber, apricot and avocado, and meets every cosmetic need from foundation and bronzer to mascara and lip gloss.
2. Pure Natural Diva Botanicals: Pure Natural Diva Botanicals was started by a fellow blogger who learned that perfumes were full of synthetics, neurotoxic musks, and phthalates. She couldn’t find a healthy, organic perfume line, so she started her own! Current scents include Pure, Natural, Diva and Elixir. My favorite is “Pure.” Pure is sensually uplifting, like sunny day in a mixed field of lemongrass and Lavender. Notes include uplifting cassie, lavender, soothing chamomile, lemon, lime and an Egyptian neroli.
3. ECCO Bella: ECCO Bella is another cosmetic company that promises nothing but the good stuff in all of their products. All ECCO Bella products are free of water, gluten, dyes, GMOs, slaughterhouse products, as well as preservatives and thanks to their healthy ingredients, also serve as anti-aging and anti-blemish treatments for even the most sensitive skin.
4. Andalou Naturals: Andalou Naturals skin care, hair care and body care products are made thoughtfully and beautifully, blending advanced fruit stem cells with natural and fair-trade ingredients, with a minimum 70% certified organic content, for visible and healthy results.
5. AHAVA: AHAVA’s naturally rejuvenating skincare products are formulated with the finest skin-friendly ingredients including a perfectly balanced concentrate of Dead Sea minerals that effectively replenishes, rehydrates and recharges the skin. They are free of SLS, parabens, petroleum, synthetic ingredients and GMOs.
Whare are some of your favorite natural beauty brands?
Jen Mathews is the Chief Bunny and social media maestro for award-winning, cruelty free beauty blog, My Beauty Bunny. She is also the President of Top Tier Media, a social media agency for beauty, fashion, health and lifestyle brands.
Latest posts by Shannon Smyth (see all)
- 9 Skills for Transformation of Mind and Body to Live More Abundantly - June 16, 2017
- Teen Acne Treatment On-the-Go with OXY - June 14, 2017
- IT Cosmetics Summer Kick-Off Giveaway - May 29, 2017