Avocados offer amazing skin and health benefits; avocado oil even more so, which is why this natural skin moisturizer is included among the ingredients of A Girl’s Gotta Spa! Energizing Citrus Salt Scrub.
Some of the benefits of avocado oil include:
It’s rich in anti-oxidants, which counter the skin’s natural aging process and helps fight free radicals. Among these in avocado oil are Vitamin A, C and E.
- Vitamin A: This anti-oxidant exfoliates and makes skin smooth, improves hydration and soothes irritated skin.
- Vitamin C: One of my favorite anti-oxidants for so many reasons, some are which include it’s ability to fade dark spots and hyperpigmentation, it helps increase collagen production (necessary for smoother skin and reducing wrinkles), and strengthens your skin’s barrier response.
- Vitamin E: In skin care products, Vitamin E protects you from UV damage, helps prevent water loss from skin which can lead to dehydration (dry skin) while strengthening your skin’s barrier. It also protects the skin oil balance when cleansing.
Avocado oil also contains omega-9 fatty acids, which are beneficial to skin health. They aid in hydration, combatting dry, flaky skin and often improves symptoms of eczema.
Bottom line? If your skin is dry, you want to use a product that contains avocado oil!
You Might Also LOVE
Latest posts by Shannon Smyth (see all)
- Hair Tips to Transition to Fall-Winter from Salon AKS - August 10, 2017
- How to Get Rid of Chapped Lips Fast - July 19, 2017
- Tips to Enhance Skin’s Natural Glow This Summer - June 27, 2017