Skin feeling incredibly dry? This Coconut Body Whip, made with Nutiva Organic Coconut Oil, is a silky, light-weight moisturizer that’s perfect for everyday use or as massage oil. Hydrate your skin and have some fun concocting this DIY body whip!
Coconut Body Whip
3/4 cup Nutiva Organic Coconut Oil
2 Tbsp Shea Butter
35 drops Orange Essential Oil
30 drops Pine Essential Oil
15 drops Lemongrass Essential Oil
15 drops Lemon Essential Oil
1. In a double boiler over low heat, gently warm the coconut oil and shea butter. Be careful not to melt the oil and butter – heat just enough to blend easily. Once incorporated, transfer the oil and butter mixture to a bowl.
2. Use an electric mixer on low speed to blend the coconut oil and shea butter until well mixed, 1-2 minutes.
3. Increase the speed to medium for several minutes, then high for several more minutes until the mixture has a lovely, whipped consistency. Remember to keep scraping the ingredients down the sides of the bowl, so they get fully incorporated.
4. Add the essential oils and blend to incorporate. The whole mixing process should take 8 to 10 minutes.
Yields 8oz. Transfer to a container like a wide-mouth canning jar for easy scooping. Unlike coconut oil that has not been whipped, this product is easy to scoop even at cooler temperatures.
Let us know if you try it!
You Might Also LOVE
Latest posts by Shannon Smyth (see all)
- Hair Tips to Transition to Fall-Winter from Salon AKS - August 10, 2017
- How to Get Rid of Chapped Lips Fast - July 19, 2017
- Tips to Enhance Skin’s Natural Glow This Summer - June 27, 2017