We all love the way our hair looks and feels after a fabulous cut, color and blowout by our favorite stylist. And now we can keep it that way in between salon visits with these tips from Elie Elie Salon, the prestigious, ultra-hip hair salon with locations in Tysons Corner Centerand Winchester, VA:
* Understand the water you use to wash your hair. Water high in iron can turn your hair brassy, while water high in chlorine will add a green cast to your locks, if you live in an area with an abundance of minerals in the water, your color may be greatly affected. If you take the time to evaluate the water in your area you can choose your shampoo and conditioner wisely.
* Know your shampoo tolerance. Shampooing daily can fade color and dry out strands. Try shampooing every two or three days and watch your hair gain a natural luster. Use cool water to wash out shampoo â€“ as hot water can tangle strands and remove color â€“ and always make sure to dilute highly concentrated shampoos, as they have a tendency to weigh down the hair.
* Keeping hair conditioned is a sure way to pamper hair between dates with the stylist. The best way to maintain the condition is to choose the right shampoos and conditioners for your hair type, an easy and quick way to learn what is right for your hair is to get a professional recommendation and then make sure to stick to the program.
* Make a brush investment. The combs and brushes you use are just as important as the products you choose. Wide tooth combs are ideal for combing through tangles and there is nothing better than beneficial Boar bristle brushes to maintain a gorgeous mane.
* Beat the heat. Drying hair on a hot setting does not dry hair faster and can damage your precious strands. Drying with cool air will not only dry your hair in the same amount of time but will also give your locks an extra kick of hint of shine.
You can learn more about Elie Elie Salon by visiting www.elieelie.com
You Might Also LOVE
Shannon began A Girl’s Gotta Spa! beauty blog in 2005 to morph her love of beauty and in educating women on what truly works and what does not. In 2013 she launched a bath and body line as an extention of the beauty blog. One thing she always has on her at all times? Lip balm.