When you’re out in the sun, donâ€™t forget about protecting your hair! Below are a few summer haircare tips from PureOlogy, a shampoo & conditioner I am trying out this week for review:
* Perform deep repair treatments twice a week to protect and repair sun-damaged hair.
* Heading to the beach or pool? Donâ€™t rinse out your conditioner. Leave conditioner in hair for maximum protection and extra moisturizing benefits.
* Protect your hair from sun damage at the beach or pool by applying Colour Max before and after sun exposure.
* Thoroughly wet your hair before getting into the water at the pool or beach. This will help avoid absorption of pool or ocean water. For even more protection, spray your hair with Colour Max before and after swimming for detangling, UVA/UVB protection and a double dose of Anti-Fade Complex to prevent color fading.
* After swimming in the pool or ocean, shampoo hair with Purify ShampooÂ® to clarify hair of color damaging chemicals and salt.
* Minimize breakage and gently detangle by spraying Colour Max on hair before combing with a wide-tooth comb.
* Try to cut down on blow drying time. Let hair dry naturally a few days per week to preserve moisture levels.
* Apply Colour Max and Instant Repair to damp hair for added smoothness and to control fly aways when air drying.
* To control summer frizz apply Instant Repair to damp hair before blow drying.
* Hair dries out in the summer so be sure to have your hair trimmed every 6-8 weeks and schedule a professional Summer Hair Revitalizer Treatment with your stylist to help prevent split ends.
PureOlogy products contain an exclusive anti-fade complex which is a proprietary blend of potent antioxidants and UVA/UVB sunscreens to help minimize oxidation, prevent damage and fadeage from UVA/UVB rays and maximize color retention from start to finish. Check out their hair care line at: www.pureology.com
*Photo Credit: PureOlogy
You Might Also LOVE
Shannon began A Girl’s Gotta Spa! beauty blog in 2005 to morph her love of beauty and in educating women on what truly works and what does not. In 2013 she launched a bath and body line as an extention of the beauty blog. One thing she always has on her at all times? Lip balm.