Feet are always in need of some restoration and hydration no matter the season. Whether you’ve had a long day at the office, you’re suffering from dry flip-flop feet, or you’re trying to break in a new pair of heels, there is nothing a DIY at-home foot scrub can’t fix. Try the below recipe for a luxurious, at-home foot treatment from celebrity manicurist and owner of As “U” Wish Nail Spa, Skyy Hadley and your feet will feel good as new in no time!
Skyy Hadley’s Recipe for the Ultimate Hydrating Coconut Scrub:
· Begin by muddling a few fresh mint leaves in an empty jar to release their natural essential oils. This will help you relax while providing hydration.
· Warm up some coconut oil and pour into the jar until it is halfway full.
· Add 2 tablespoons of honey and mix in 1 tablespoon of sugar until the sugar is completely immersed in the oil mixture.
· Take a couple spoonfuls of the scrub and work into your legs and feet to fully exfoliate, sloughing away dead skin and smoothing out calluses, cracked heels and rough spots.
· The coconut oil will provide a great amount of moisture, leaving skin feeling smooth and supple.
· Also, be sure to rub on toe nail beds and in between toes to prevent nail infections and fungus (as coconut oil contains anti-bacterial and anti-fungal properties).
· Repeat 1-2 times per week for a moisturizing and revitalizing at-home spa treatment.
You Might Also LOVE
Shannon began A Girl’s Gotta Spa! beauty blog in 2005 to morph her love of beauty and in educating women on what truly works and what does not. In 2013 she launched a bath and body line as an extention of the beauty blog. One thing she always has on her at all times? Lip balm.