So I tried another drugstore mascara even though I have at least five other open mascaras on my vanity. Obsessed much? This time it’s Maybelline Volum’ Express the Rocket Mascara–sounds impressive huh?
- The packaging is impressive–you can’t miss the bright blue tube with the fuchsia writing and the ‘bullet’ shape.
- The brush is impressive–a big rubber brush with varying lengths of bristles.
- The way the brush exits the tube is impressive–you can hear the ‘pop’ that keeps all the extra gloppy (is that a word?) mascara in the tube and not on the brush.
- The color is impressive–a REALLY deep carbon black
- The length it gives to lashes is impressive
Sounds awesome, right? The problem I experienced with Maybelline Volum’ Express The Rocket Mascara was the lack of separation and volume. I also had serious clumping issues with this mascara. Even when I only used one coat, my lashes ended up clumping and sticking together. It made me sad and was a deal breaker for me. I’ve read some great reviews of this mascara and some people swear by it. I guess it depends on your lashes because for me it was a fail.
The formula is very similar to CoverGirl’s LashBlast Clump Crusher, but Clump Crusher uh….doesn’t clump and separates lashes beautifully. For my money, I will stick with CoverGirl LashBlast Clump Crusher.
You Might Also LOVE
Hello I’m Cindy, editor of Prime Beauty, a beauty blog for women 40 & over and in the prime of their lives! Women over 40 have unique issues and Prime Beauty addresses those issues with information and products geared specifically for them. Prime Beauty is packed with articles on skincare, makeup, product reviews, new product launches, makeup tips and tricks, and giveaways! In addition to looking good on the outside, I hope to encourage, inspire and celebrate women over 40!