I like a simply smoky eye. So for this summer smoky eye how to, I’ll tell you in 6 easy steps how I created a great daytime smoky eye that I was literally able to do in under 5 minutes.
Products used: Urban Decay Primer Potion, CoverGirl Flamed Out Shadow Pencil in Lime Green Flame and Crystal Flame, CoverGirl Flamed Out Eye Shadow Pot in Molten Black, CoverGirl Liquiline Blast in Black Fire and Revlon Lash Potion.
1. Apply Urban Decay Eye Primer Potion from the bottom of the lid up to above the crease. (I used Eden.)
2. Apply CoverGirl’s Flamed Out Eye Pencil in Crystal Flame from the inner corner of your eye across your lid, then use your pinky to blend out the color. (Otherwise you’ll have some white patches that are darker than others.)
3. Apply CoverGirl’s Flamed Out Lime Green Flame Eye Pencil in a V formation starting from the middle of your lid moving outward to your longest lashes. Make sure to get into your crease when making the V, then blend with your pinky finger.
4. Using a makeup brush, apply CoverGirl’s Flamed Out Eye Shadow Pot in Molten Black in your crease and blending it upwards and out towards the outer part of your eye area.
5. Apply CoverGirl’s Liquiline Blast Eye Liner in Black Fire along your lash line. For day, I chose not to blend it, but for a great transition to night, you can smudge it and even add in some flare of a cat eye.
6. Apply your favorite mascara. I had Revlon Lash Potion handy, so that’s what was used here.
Whether or not you use a brow pen is up to you, I used TouchBack BrowMarker in Medium Brown (not shown.)
Voila! That’s it. Super easy, quick and simple.
You Might Also LOVE
Shannon began A Girl’s Gotta Spa! beauty blog in 2005 to morph her love of beauty and in educating women on what truly works and what does not. In 2013 she launched a bath and body line as an extention of the beauty blog. One thing she always has on her at all times? Lip balm.