When I was in college I often went skiing in Maine, New Hampshire and Vermont. I always tell myself that one day I’ll get back there (but this time to check out the spas in addition to the skiing!) One of those places is Stoweflake Spa and Wellness Center in Stowe, Vermont. Surinda Oberai Cavanagh, Spa Director and Ayurvedic Consultant at Stoweflake Spa and Wellness Center, offers A Girl’s Gotta Spa! readers these tips to stay stress free and glowing this holiday season.
Tips for a Stress-Free Holiday Season
- Begin your day with a large glass of warm or hot water. This is great for hydration and cleansing the digestive system.
- Before you bathe, generously apply a high quality massage oil (Sarada Ayurvedic massage oil) to your entire body. Use minimal soap. This practice will calm and coat your nervous system, nourish and hydrate your skin and leave you feeling warmer when the cold winds blow this season.
- Eat your main meal between 10:00 AM and 2:00 PM. This is when your digestive system is most efficient. This will minimize holiday weight gain.
- Have warm milk with nutmeg before bed. This is a wonderful evening routine and nutmeg is a very effective sedative.
Facial Glow Tips for the Holidays
- Make sure you moisturize your face each day before heading out in to the elements with a heavy winter moisturizer or facial oil. This will protect against the drying effects of the winter weather.
- Take a teaspoon of turmeric in raw honey internally for its anti-inflammatory and anti-bacterial properties.
- Make sure you exercise to the point of breaking a sweat. This will ensure your lymphatic system is stimulated.
Try this at home facial mask to cleanse and exfoliate daily.
Simple Holiday At-Home Mask
- 3 Teaspoons raw honey
- ½ Teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 Teaspoon whole plain yogurt
- Mix together and apply to face and neck. Leave on for 8-10 minutes and then rinse with warm water.
If you try any of these, let us know how they work for you!
Subscribe to A Girl’s Gotta Spa! for more beauty reviews! Watch our reviews on YouTube, see our pins on Pinterest and check us out on Instagram and G+. Got a Kindle? We’re on Kindle too! Shannon on G+
Shannon began A Girl’s Gotta Spa! beauty blog in 2005 to morph her love of beauty and in educating women on what truly works and what does not. In 2013 she launched a bath and body line as an extention of the beauty blog. One thing she always has on her at all times? Lip balm.