Disclosure: Swisspers provided me with complimentary Swisspers products and compensation for this post. The opinions I have shared about removing your makeup, using the products as well as the pictures, are my own.
Are you guilty of sleeping with your makeup on? Make it the one beauty tip you never forget.
I’ve been there myself, late night and you’re super tired. It’s not that big of a deal if I forget this one time to wash off my makeup, right? As we all know, that one time becomes many more times than we care to admit. Before you know it, you’re battling clogged pores, dry patches of skin and wrinkles rearing their ugly head. Your face is no longer a pretty sight. Just watch this video of Nikki Phillippi and you’ll know what I mean.
Swisspers, which is part of U.S. Cotton, is on a mission to get you to Sleep Naked by removing your makeup daily. Here’s why:
BENEFITS OF SLEEPING NAKED –Here are just a few ways your skin can benefit from daily makeup removal:
- It helps your skin breathe. Not in the way you think – you still need to wear a moisturizer nightly. However, removing makeup keeps your skin clean (obviously) and helps it to maintain its natural tone. When you leave eye makeup on overnight, it can dry out the skin on your eyelids.
- Your pores will appear smaller. When makeup becomes stuck in your pores, it can make them appear larger from all of the hardened oil and dirt (aka blackheads.) Then you suddenly have to add yet another beauty product to your skin care regimen to remove said blackheads and minimize your pores.
- It prevents collagen breakdown which leads to wrinkles. Makeup removal helps prevent skin inflammation, which can generate free radicals and collagen breakdown – associated with aging. Also, proper removal of lip makeup will protect your lips and keep them from aging prematurely.
- It keeps nasty makeup chemicals off your skin. Most makeup products are loaded with different types of chemicals. If you keep them on your skin for a longer time or you don’t remove them properly, these chemicals will penetrate your skin and could cause damage for the long term.
- It promotes natural exfoliation. It allows the natural exfoliation process of shedding your skin, which will prevent your skin from looking dull.
TIP: Incorporating exfoliating into your skin care regimen will encourage healthier looking skin.
- Your pillowcase will thank you.
HOW TO SLEEP NAKED –No matter how old you are, we all wear makeup to look healthier and more attractive. While proper makeup application is important, how you take it off is just as important – it affects how you’ll look over time.
Here are some tips to help you properly remove facial and lip makeup:
- Spread makeup remover on a Swisspers® Premium Cotton Round and then gently apply it to your skin, face and neck with delicate, gliding strokes.
- Leave the remover on your skin for a few minutes to let the makeup dissolve completely.
- Then use another clean round to wipe off the remover – using an extremely light touch.
- Moisten a clean cotton round with water and follow the same motion to remove any remaining makeup remover.
- Wash and exfoliate your face with your usual facial cleanser along with an exfoliating cotton pad or exfoliating sponge and gently pat dry with a clean, soft towel.
Aren’t these leopard print Swisspers Cotton Swabs cute?
Ok, so Swisspers do not actually remove wrinkles from your face. They do, however, help keep your face in its best shape possible by removing the dirt and grime that leads to skin damage. What I love is that the Swisspers Cotton Squares are lint free. That means there won’t be any cotton left behind on your skin or snagging your lashes as you remove your mascara, the only thing left behind is clean skin. Swisspers also has an Exfoliating Round (pictured below), which is great to use with a face cleanser to gently exfoliate your skin. When you do want to put makeup back on your face the Dual Tipped 100% Cotton Applicators (below) work well for applying eye shadow, smudging eye liner, etc.
Have you tried Swisspers yet?
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE
Latest posts by Shannon Smyth (see all)
- Do’s and Don’ts of Flat Ironing Hair - April 19, 2017
- Five Tips for Reducing and Managing Stress - April 14, 2017
- Rise Gathering – Women’s Transformative Summer Camp in Canadensis, PA - April 7, 2017