With the change of season it takes an extra dose of effort (and nutrients) to ward off dreaded colds. The Umstead Hotel and Spa (Cary, N.C.) is treating spa guests to a soothing seasonal Lemon Ginger Lavender Elixir that will be more pleasant on the palate than cough syrup!
Chef Greg Gettles shares his recipe for a refreshing, vitamin-packed pick-me-up that combines potassium and calcium-rich Lemon, Ginger, which has antioxidant and direct anti-inflammatory effects, relaxing Lavender and Thyme, which helps relieve coughs, bronchitis, and chest congestion.
Lemon Ginger Lavender Elixir Recipe:
· 7 lemons (peeled and juiced)
· 7 bruised and chopped lemongrass
· 3 oz. peeled and chopped ginger
· ½ oz. dried lavender
· 12 oz. lemon juice
· 16 oz. honey
· 7 oz. simple syrup
· 3 ½ oz. ginger puree
· 12 sprigs thyme
· 16 qt. simmering water
Method: Combine all ingredients in a cambro and pour over with simmering water. Allow mixture to steep for at least 4 hours before straining. Adjust seasoning and chill.
Enjoy and feel better!
You Might Also LOVE
Latest posts by Shannon Smyth (see all)
- Hair Tips to Transition to Fall-Winter from Salon AKS - August 10, 2017
- How to Get Rid of Chapped Lips Fast - July 19, 2017
- Tips to Enhance Skin’s Natural Glow This Summer - June 27, 2017