A change in season usually signals a change in hair, makeup, nails and skin care. We love their recommendations for this Fall, in fact, I just got a blunt cut, shoulder-length bob just last week. (Now I’m just trying to find ideas for designs for the undercut I got, as well.)
1. The clean line– The blunt collarbone length haircut has been around for a few years now and isn’t going anywhere anytime soon. It’s a flattering length on everyone. However this season, try changing up the look with shorter face framing angles. These shorter pieces will add movement and texture and accentuate your cheekbones and eyes.
2. The short- If someone tells you short hair is easier, that’s not completely true. You’ll need to get your haircut reshaped more frequently then your long locks, but your morning hair routine time will be cut in half, if not more. It’s a great way to change up your look and routine while taking advantage of low humidity.
3. Chocolate Inspired Hair Color– A lot of times throughout the summer, we let our color go by opting for the sun’s natural highlights. However, what’s not great is the dryness we get from the salt water and chlorine, not to mention the green (blondes) or brassy (brunetttes) undertones that our hair can take on by the end of the summer. Going darker for Fall will bring back a healthy shine and all over glow. Salon AKS recommends creating a deep chocolate base with ultra-subtle toffee colored highlights to emphasize tousled, texturized layers as well as wavy bangs. Tres chic!
4. Bangs! If you’re ever in the mood to change up your hair and cut bangs and you ask your stylist in the summer, they’ll usually tell you to wait until Fall (sweaty bangs stuck to your forehead are never the best look!) However, come Fall, bangs are a great way to switch it all up. This season, a bold piecy bang with long textured hair is definitely the way to go. If you have a crazy cowlick, a Brazilian blowout should be your best friend. A quick fix is to “Brazilian” just the bang itself to give you the ability to wake up in the morning, blast them dry then run out the door with a statement look. For the bang commitment phobe, another option is clip-in bangs! Customizable and face framing,
5. Scalp purification and Hair Conditioning– Post summer, purification and hydration is key! Stop into the salon a half hour earlier than your appointment and sit with an intense hydrating mask like PHYTO Phytojoba mask under the heat. Your hair will become silky smooth and manageable. Then clarify and hydrate your scalp with PHYTO Phytopolleine scalp elixir treatment comprised of 100% essential oils. It will focus on the hair roots as well as the scalp, leaving your hair feeling fresh and purified. For your daily routine, apply their AKS serum ($27) as your dose of vitamin E, keratin and argan oil. This will help keep static at bay and hair shining all day long.
Which of these will you be doing for Fall?
You Might Also LOVE
Shannon began A Girl’s Gotta Spa! beauty blog in 2005 to morph her love of beauty and in educating women on what truly works and what does not. In 2013 she launched a bath and body line as an extention of the beauty blog. One thing she always has on her at all times? Lip balm.